Disaster Recovery – Restoring Hope and Rebuilding Lives
We provide response coordination and short-term and long-term recovery services to individuals and families dealing with the aftermath of natural disasters like hurricanes, floods and other catastrophes.
After a natural disaster, free disaster recovery assistance may include:
- Help accessing newly available resources
- Help determining if you qualify for supplemental funding
Professional counseling services to help you manage stress and cope with change, such as:
- Family members relocating to your home/their home while repairs are made
- Job loss
- Marital conflicts
Disaster recovery services, including short and long-term recovery assistance through the assistance of a case manager, are activated as needed and if resources are available.
Individual and company donations are accepted to support disaster recovery activities as funds come from different sources with each disaster.
What Help is Available?
- If you are a resident of Fayette, Grimes, Harris or Parker County and were impacted by the recent floods, help may be available. Apply at www.disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362)
- Download the FEMA Flyer
- All seeking help are encouraged to call 2-1-1 first to determine the best resources for assistance.
- All damage should be reported. Damage information will be placed in a database which will alert cleanup crews:
- Visit http://www.houston.org/floodrecovery/ to find information on the types of assistance offered to flood victims.
Varies by disaster. Professional counseling services: no requirements other than the issue counseling must be related to the disaster.
You will need to provide:
- Pre-disaster address
- Current address
- Current phone number
- FEMA number, if applicable
- Alternate contact information
713-526-4611; Location will vary by disaster.